Monday, October 21, 2013

Crochet, my newest hobby

So, after seeing someone else post some crochet headbands, I decided to give crocheting a try. A couple years ago I tried to learn how to knit, but I just didn't have the patience for it. But, I had heard that crocheting comes easier to some. So, I bought myself a few hooks, some grey yarn and watched a couple youtube videos and learned some tips from friends.

Here are my first 3 projects:

A pot holder. This was a project I restarted several times until i figured out the whole lost stitches thing. Pretty easy once I knew what I was doing. I didn't follow a pattern for this. Just did double crochets back and forth until I had a size I was happy with.
Next I tackled a headband. 
This one also has a bow that I attached to the front. The tutorial I used is here. I followed her general guidelines, but made my headband a lot narrower and my bow is also smaller.
I think the headband turned out really cute, but I honestly don't see myself wearing the bow, so I think I am going to remove and doing something else to the headband.
I also made an earwarmer/headband. The tutorial for this one can be found here. Her tutorial is cute and she gives a version for baby headbands as well as adults. Maybe Ill make Kennedy one too...
This one came out great and I don't think it looks too bad on me either. Great for those days when I haven't washer my hair in 4 or 5 days but probably should think about it since there is a boatload of hair products in it. :)

So far crocheting, in my opinion is much easier than knitting. My next project is an infinity scarf. Ill share once it is done!





No comments:

Post a Comment