Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cinder Book Review and a Like New Toilet


Cinder  is one of my most recent book reads. It is an easy, light read. It is based on the story of Cinderella, but much to my surprise and delight, this book really is a story of its own that uses some of the key elements from Cinderella. I really enjoyed the originality of this story and the characters that don't look or act as you expect them to from the original Cinderella. The female character is strong spirited, smart and independent. She is a cyborg (part human, part robot) which gives this book a bit of a sci-fi twist. I personally don't usually read sci-fi, so don't let the fact that she is part machine deter you from reading this.  I loved reading it and I bet you will too. It is part of a series and book two is called Scarlet and I have already started reading it.
In other news, I have had a problem with my toilets. I have lived in our house for over 4 years now. I consider myself a decent housekeeper. I clean the bathrooms on a weekly basis, including the toilets. despite this, my toilets still got ugly, yucky rings where the water is. I had just given up and figured that was life, when I heard about the "Pumie." It is a pumice stone on a stick for scouring out the water rings. I googled it on Amazon and saw that there were many pumice options for toilet rings. I chose to get this one.

Heavy-Duty seemed like the way to go!

Here is my toilet with the WORST ring in the house. I used the pumice stick for a few minutes, rubbing it all along the ring. Only spent a few minutes on it. No crazy elbow strength required either.

And here is the same toilet after I was done with the pumice and gave it a quick flush. The ring is totally gone! And I am so happy! Such a quick fix for 4 years of damage! You would bever know there was ever a ring, it is like a new toilet, well almost! Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment